I won't lie, the last 2 weeks I have been feelin' the feelz. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? The feelz. Feelings.
One night I stayed up looking at pictures of my daughters and I from 2 years ago while simultaneously texting my girlfriend talking about life until midnight.
Then, this last weekend I went hiking. I just needed to get outside by myself and clear my head.
Why I have been 'feelin the feelz' as I call it, is because I am about to release a new product here for Primal Bake Shop! We have 7 products right now- cookies, muffins, breads, and waffles; each one the very best of its kind.
But- I'm not exaggerating when I say that I believe my new creation is the best thing I've EVER made, and I truly believe that my whole journey in this healthy lifestyle and business (which is YEARS) have led me to this moment.
Every supporter (and hater), late night idea, and mistake has pushed me to create this. It is so big to me on a personal level, that it brought all the emotions.
This is pretty spot on what it feels like sometimes. Not every day, but there are ups and downs, just like life.
But notice, the trajectory is ascending if you never give up.
There are a 1,001 reasons why I created Primal Bake Shop and why I still continue to grow it. 'Because it is easy,' is NOT one of them. I like it that way. I don't expect anything to be easy. I love challenge, and actually seek it out. By being a business owner and entrepreneur it guarantees me challenge and growth everyday. That is what I love, and ultimately, what pushes me to create the best of the best food that I can to share with YOU.
Well, by now it would be rude of me to tell you how excited I am about this and not at least give you a hint of what it will be. So I will tell you this.
You will be able to have your cake, and eat it too.
Now for the Party Guacamole. I call it Party Guacamole because picture this: You get invited to a pot luck, or a friends house to watch a football/ basketball game and there is this amazing bowl of chips and guac out on the table.
Real guac. I know that you know what I mean. It's heavenly.
So when someone says that they'll bring chips and guacamole and you get all excited like "yes...yum...chips and guacamole" (fantasizing in your head), and then when you show up and the guacamole is some bland bowl of pale green mush, with no texture----it's such a let down.
So be the cool one and bring the good guacamole, Party Guacamole. It's classic, chunky, colorful, and full of flavor, and lucky for you the "guacamole bringer," this is the easiest and tastiest recipe ever.
*I even made the ingredients and quantity really easy- just remember 5-4-3-2-1.*
- 1 handful cilantro (5, like a handful)
- 4 large avocados
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Finely dice onions and tomatoes, and chop cilantro leaves. Add all to a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice out of the limes over the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro in the bowl. Add cumin and salt and toss to combine.
- Now, cut open the avocados and remove the pit but set 2-3 pits aside. Dice the avocado into large chunks and add to the bowl.
- Once everything is in the bowl, mix to combine, but do not over mix so that the avocado chunks don't turn mushy (remember, this is the difference between you and all the guac that has let you down).
- Now, add the pits back into the bowl and push them down so that they're covered. The pits slow down the guacamole from turning brown so it looks, and tastes fresher for longer. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and push it down on top of the guacamole so there is the least amount of air possible in the bowl. Store in the fridge and enjoy for 3 days (if it doesn't get eaten up day of).