I love everything about this dish. Our bread goes perfectly with just about everything you put on it. Rosemary is my favorite herb and I love that it grows wild at my neighbors house, and can therefore pick fresh sprigs anytime. Onions are always tasty, and caramelized onions are even better. And, who can resist a warm, runny egg yolk?Instructions:
- To enjoy your fancy toast like this, slice white onion and add fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper to a pan and cook it on medium heat, in a lot of grass fed butter. You don't need to stir very often, and it should take about 20-30 minutes to wilt down completely, turn golden and smell very sweet.
- While onions are caramelizing, prepare a small pot with water and 1 tsp white vinegar. Crack an egg in a small dish and set aside. Once the water is almost boiling, stir water slowly to create a small whirlpool. Slowly let your egg slide off of the dish into the water. Cook egg for 2-3 minutes or until whites are set.
- Meanwhile, toast Bread in the toaster oven or my favorite is to pan fry it in fat of your choice.
- Once the egg is ready, lay your caramelized onions on your toast, followed by the poached egg.
- Serve with a side of fresh organic berries.