I think muffins are kinda silly. But not these. These are serious, because there's cream cheese stuffed in a pumpkin muffin.
No it is not hard to stuff a muffin. So don't freak.
I know cream cheese is not Paleo, but I am PaleYOU and I love pumpkin and cream cheese together so right now thats whats happening.
Yes, it is still Pumpkin Season. Pumpkin Everything until at least February, don't be a quitter.
You know what I realized this week? Food makes us happy. And for some weird reason people spend way too much time talking and thinking about how it makes you sad because it makes you fat. They tend to be so negative and sad. Im tired of it. And why so much focus on the way you look? Why not focus on the way food makes you feel? You're going to look better because you are treating yourself as a whole, as we are not just bodies. If you're having one of those days where you feel like everything would be better if you could just have a big bowl of ice cream, or a couple cream cheese stuffed pumpkin muffins, do it! Food fuels our emotions just as much as our body, and sometimes it is more beneficial to make a choice that will improve your mental state! Food makes us happy, so choose food that makes you feel good, addressing your physical and mental well being.
Now go eat and be merry, its Christmas week.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 Pumpkin Muffin Mix
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A couple handfuls dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set cream cheese out to soften.
2. In a bowl mix together softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar. Set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, and pumpkin. Add Pumpkin Muffin Mix and whisk together until just combined.
4. Scoop muffin batter into a nonstick muffin pan filling less than half way. Add about 1 large tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each partially filled muffin cup. Add the remaining muffin batter on top of each muffin, and it should fill the pan close to the top.
5. Throw some of your favorite chocolate chips on top and press them down slightly.
6. Bake for 28-30 minutes.